I love Spring! Despite the allergies I get at the beginning of the season and the mosquitoes that have already started to take nibbles at me, I love this time of year. Especially in Houston the weather is just perfect and I could stay outside with the kids all day.

This is a picture of an orchid my Grandma (Gigi) and Uncle Craig gave me the day after Hannah was born. Almost 9 months ago! Apparently it loves the window by my desk and all of a sudden had all of these buds that have slowly begun to open! I couldn't believe it when the barren stalk was full of promising sparks of color! I look at it several times a day and smile. It takes me back to a sweet time last summer when I held my daughter for the first time.

My talented sister Emily Murphy (http://pherophotographyandpoetry.blogspot.com ) took this photo when Hannah Jane was 6 weeks old. I love how she captured the emotion of the moment. It was such a treat to lock ourselves in her nursery (while our rowdy boys played at the playground) and get lost with the beauty of a new baby.
The hope Spring brings with new life draws me to meditate on the Hope the Lord gives us as new creations in Christ. It is hard to not see it everywhere and to lift up a grateful heart to Him.
Sweet, sweet, sweet!
ReplyDeleteIt blessed me so, to be snapping away in Hannah's nursery. Love you!